Opening for a Lead Technology Coordinator
Washington Wholesale Liquor Company, a distributor of premium wines, spirits
and beer in the Washington, DC area, is seeking a Lead Technology Coordinator.
This position is a “hands on” technical supervisor with high visibility
that is responsible for supporting the daily technology activities within
the organization. This position requires a bachelor's degree in computer
information systems or related area and 3 years of overall technology experience
as well as 1-2 years of experience supervising technical professionals.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required. You also
must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
We work with the latest technology including Windows 2000, Exchange 2000,
Microsoft CMS and the full suite of MS-Office Professional Edition (including
Outlook), plus many more.
Candidate must possess the following:
as complex Website architecture
· A general understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
· A working knowledge of Microsoft IIS 5.0
· A working knowledge of Networking technologies
· An in depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
(Office 2000 & Office XP)
· 3 years of experience as a technical professional(developer or network
· 1-2 years of experience supervising technical professionals
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related area
· Help desk experience is a plus
· Supervises a team of technology support personnel.
· Updates and maintains the company website.
· Works with suppliers and retail establishments as a liaison in marketing
and coordinating the automation of data through the company website.
· Supervises the help desk function for approximately 30 desktop users in
a Windows 2000 environment.
· Works with the corporate technology group to coordinate and promote technology
· Coordinates large projects with the corporate technology group.
· Responsible for maintaining the Problem and Enhancement System.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer a full range of benefits,
stable employment, continual training and a chance for advancement. You will
be working with a team in our technology support group. Occasional travel
may be required.