Installing Biztalk Server 2006
I am trying to install biztalk server 2006 Enterprise edition on my machine with windows xp professional sp2. I have installed all the prerequisites. Everything seems to be fine. But SSO(single - sign on service) is not getting configured. It is giving error (RPC failure). I really don't what is the problem. Any one faced this problem? What is the cause and what is solution please help.
Configuring BizTalk Server 2006
Steps needs to be followed while configuring BizTalk Server 2006.
Make sure you have installed the following things:-
1. Visual Studio 2005
2. Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Configuring Microsoft Sql Server 2005 server and databases
By default the server name is the name of the computer.
a. Expand the server name ->expand security ->expand Logins
b. Under Logins Create a new Login with the server name
Ex: - Server Name is ABCD\AMANDAVA
c. Right click your server name under logins select properties under server role select sysadmin checkbox.
Before installing BizTalk 2006 make sure that you have all the rights and permissions.
BizTalk needs you to have all the administrative rights on the computer
Here are the permission you need to have on the computer where you are installing BizTalk
You should have following permissions
BizTalk Server Administrators
SSO Affiliate Administrators
BizTalk Application Users
Remaining gets added as you install BizTalk
Install BizTalk Server 2006 now .After completing the installation make sure you remove log files in this path.
Remove all the log files related to BizTalk.
You can also do this using Sql Server 2005(Here you need to delete all the databases related to BizTalk)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data
Now you are ready to configure the BizTalk Server 2006.
Start ->All Programs->Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 -> BizTalk Server Configuration
When you use the basic configuration option, the following occurs:
· All database names are generated by BizTalk Server.
· All applicable database logon information is run under the account provided.
· All BizTalk Server services are generated by BizTalk Server.
· All BizTalk Server services run under the account provided. The configuration process grants this account the necessary security permissions on the server and objects in SQL Server
· All features are configured based on the prerequisite software you have installed on the computer.
· The Default Web Site in Internet Information Services (IIS) is used for any feature that requires IIS.
To configure your server using basic configuration
1. In Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 Configuration, select Basic configuration
2. Under Database, type the name of the SQL server.
3. Under Service Credential, type the username and password that the services will run under.
4. Click Configure.
5. On the Summary screen, review the configuration, and then click Configure.
6. On the Completion screen, click Finish.
When you configure BizTalk Server 2006 using basic configuration, consider the following:
· Configuring a remote SQL Server is not supported.
· Configuring BizTalk Server 2006 against SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 default instances and named instances are supported.
· The account you are logged on as must be part of the local administrators group and have System Administrator rights on SQL Server.
For further references you can also visit the following link