vbscript suppress


DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: vbscript suppress

  1. #1
    Rachel Guest

    vbscript suppress


    "Vbscript" always appears in my message box titles. How do I supress it
    in ASP/Vbscript code?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Paul Clement Guest

    Re: vbscript suppress

    On 15 Jan 2002 16:56:45 GMT, "Rachel" <norbert.priller@eds.com> wrote:


    "Vbscript" always appears in my message box titles. How do I supress it
    in ASP/Vbscript code?

    thanks

    Do you specify a value for the Title argument in the call to MsgBox?


    Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

  3. #3
    Rachel Guest

    Re: vbscript suppress


    Paul Clement <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote:
    >On 15 Jan 2002 16:56:45 GMT, "Rachel" <norbert.priller@eds.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > "Vbscript" always appears in my message box titles. How do I supress

    it
    > in ASP/Vbscript code?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    >Do you specify a value for the Title argument in the call to MsgBox?
    >
    >
    >Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
    >Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)


    Yes!

  4. #4
    Paul Clement Guest

    Re: vbscript suppress

    On 18 Jan 2002 18:03:08 GMT, "Rachel" <norbert.priller@eds.com> wrote:


    Paul Clement <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote:
    >On 15 Jan 2002 16:56:45 GMT, "Rachel" <norbert.priller@eds.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > "Vbscript" always appears in my message box titles. How do I supress
    it
    > in ASP/Vbscript code?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    >Do you specify a value for the Title argument in the call to MsgBox?
    >
    >
    >Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
    >Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Yes!

    I see what you mean. Unfortunately "VBScript" is always present. Microsoft designed it this way (for
    security reasons) to differentiate between a MsgBox script running from IE and a standard MsgBox
    running from an application on your machine.

    The alternative is to use a JavaScript dialog box (which of course will work in both IE and
    Netscape).


    Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center