GSM/GPRS Modules for Network Monitoring Tool

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: GSM/GPRS Modules for Network Monitoring Tool

Hybrid View

GSM/GPRS Modules for Network Monitoring Tool

Hi,

We are trying to develop a mobile tool for monitoring and measuring the GSM network

parameters.

Can someone specify any good GSM/GPS scanner modules that provides maximum features

for the application I have in mind. (a comprehensive AT command set for extracting

information from the air interface, layer 1-3 message dumping etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Prathap

Can you please be more specific? Particularly, what type of information are you looking for, which programming language etc. There are a few Opens Source tools but I'm not sure they're up to professional standards yet.
    Danny Kalev

Dan,

What I need is a GSM/GPRS modem, which has a set of comprehensive AT commands to probe/query and output information regarding the network.

For e.g. the AT#MONI command in a Telit GSM/GPRS modem outputs all the ARFCNs, their signal strengths, bit error rates etc. in the cell in which it is operating.

What I want is a modem that can do more than that. It should be able to provide more information about the network plus importantly dump all the layer 1 - 3 messages being exchanged between the modem and the base station. The Telit modem does not do this.

Our idea is to have a ARM processor to send the AT commands to the modem and then process the returned values. So language is not a problem since we will be running an OS in the ARM.

Thanks in advance.

Prathap

OK, so basically you're looking for hardware, not software. I'll check some of the references I have and see which manufcature has such a device.
    Danny Kalev

Thanks Dan. It would be great if you can help me out.