Applet And Database

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Applet And Database

Applet And Database

Hey everyone.

I don't now if it's possible!
    I need connected to SQL Server from Applet ,it's possible?
    If it's possible, How i can do it ?
    i need only one code example
    end i don't now if i need some drives?
    if i need where i can get it.

Thanks in advance,
    David Arbow

Last edited by DavisArbow; 01-28-2005 at 02:12 AM.

Hi,

It is certainly possible

checkout http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/basics/

for a tutorial on how to do it and

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

for the SQL server JDBC drivers
    Hope this helps
    Graham

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, and if they get mad, you are a mile away and you have their shoes ;-)

http://www.grahamrobinsonsoftware.com

For security issue it's pretty much hard to get applet connected to a database

you should use application instead

yes your need driver and some notion of sql

good luke
    Compil and run!

For Java with SQL Server, use the jTDS driver ( http://jtds.sourceforge.net). Works great.

As others have mentioned, accessing a db from an applet is a little difficult. Security issues. If the db is local, no need for an applet. If the db is not, but you need to use an applet, then use SOAP or serialized objects or RMI to communicate with a server-side process.

i want help

i want a codes in javacsript of two programs..can you help me?
    1 of the programs says...:Is written program that will import from the keyboard 2 entire M and N, that is the dimensions of two dimensions
    table which the elements of are imported by the keyboard and in the continuity it will calculate and it will present in the screen the sum of all terms of fourth and fourth from the end of line with fourth and fourth from the end of column. Numbers M and N should be bigger the 13 and smaller the 24. Program will check these prices and in the case where they are not acceptable it will again ask their import, until they are given right prices.

the secons says...:A program that would calculate N equal
    distributed
    prices of interrelation y according to the next definition y = sin 2 (x) for -3,14≤ x≤-0,5, y = 1/(2 x 3 ) for
    -0,5< x?1,57, y = arc of tangent (x 4) for 1,57< x?3,14. the N will be given by the keyboard. The results will be presented in the screen in 2 columns, for x and for y. The first line will present the title ^^^^X^^^^ | ^^^^Y^^^^

can you help me pls??

i want a codes in javacsript of two programs..can you help me?
    1 of the programs says...:Is written program that will import from the keyboard 2 entire M and N, that is the dimensions of two dimensions
    table which the elements of are imported by the keyboard and in the continuity it will calculate and it will present in the screen the sum of all terms of fourth and fourth from the end of line with fourth and fourth from the end of column. Numbers M and N should be bigger the 13 and smaller the 24. Program will check these prices and in the case where they are not acceptable it will again ask their import, until they are given right prices.

the secons says...:A program that would calculate N equal
    distributed
    prices of interrelation y according to the next definition y = sin 2 (x) for -3,14≤ x≤-0,5, y = 1/(2 x 3 ) for
    -0,5< x?1,57, y = arc of tangent (x 4) for 1,57< x?3,14. the N will be given by the keyboard. The results will be presented in the screen in 2 columns, for x and for y. The first line will present the title ^^^^X^^^^ | ^^^^Y^^^^

can you help me pls??

pls e-mail me at fact_gk@yahoo.gr