Bluetooth Programming in VB.NET

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Programming in VB.NET

Bluetooth Programming in VB.NET

I am trying to run the bluetooth chat application for pocketpc's. It is article number 11511. It just will not work for me, I have the app on both pocket pc's and it doesn't work some one help.

Bluetooth in VB.NET

I am trying to run the bluetooth chat application for pocketpc's. It is article number 11511. It just will not work for me, I have the app on both pocket pc's and it doesn't work some one help.

what error messages are you getting? It could be amny things: security problems, a hardware fault, etc.
    Danny Kalev

I am not getting any error messages. When I click on the connect button on the menu, I get nothing. On the pocket pc that you are trying to connect to the bluetooth manager is supposed to coome up and ask do you want to accept this connection. I get nothing.

Could it be that the devices are simply too far from eahc other? Bluetooth is very limited in this respect. If you have some sort of indication that the mobile device senses something, you can rule this option out but if nothing happens, then it seems that the mobile device simply can't receive the transmitted data.
    Danny Kalev

The pocketpc's see each other, b/c I sent the app from one to the other. I have established the Bluetooth bond with them, the fact is this app is not working for me. I trust that it works for the guy who wrote it I just don't know why it will not work for me. Same exact code. I am lost.

rwill--

Did you try emailing the author, Wei-Meng Lee? I know him to be very responsive and I'm sure he'd do his best to steer you in the right direction. There is a mailto button for the author at the end of every article.

I'm going to move this thread to the Wireless forum (and merge it with the duplicate thread in that forum) and I will send Wei Meng an email tonight with a link to the thread.

Lori
    DevX

Hi:
    I did encounter some errors when I tried to test the application on some Pocket PCs.

Here are some points to help in the troubleshooting:

1. Did you modify the code to use the port number used by your Pocket PC? You could check the Pocket PC for serial port nos. used.

2. Did you establish a serial link on the two Pocket PCs before you start chatting on the Pocket PC?

I tried the application on several Pocket PCs (3870, 3630, 5450, etc). One strange thing I encountered was that on some Pocket PCs, it worked, while on some it just refused to work (even though they are of the same model).

regards,
    Wei-Meng Lee

Quote Originally Posted by weimenglee
    <snip>
    I tried the application on several Pocket PCs (3870, 3630, 5450, etc). One strange thing I encountered was that on some Pocket PCs, it worked, while on some it just refused to work (even though they are of the same model).
    Strange! I takes it that the devices were configured in exactly the same manner. In that case, could it be a lowe battery problem? some sort of electro-magnetic interference?
    Danny Kalev

i have built a program with the program in article ... and the one for finding a bleutooth device. al goes well untill the ipaq receives packages with nothing in it. then my ipaq crashes.

can someone give me that code? i cant get it....

Go to http://www.devx.com/assets/sourcecode/5255.zip and when the dialog box comes up hit "Save" and save it to your hard drive.

Lori

i cant connect both device together....
    is it the setting prob..?
    my devices are hp ipaq hx 2100 and hp ipaq h1940
    can someone teach me how to configure it?

Question

hi, im doin a little project that involves transfer of sound over bluetooth. I have a PC equipped with a bluetooth dongle at one end, and a bluetooth enabled mobile device running on windows mobile 2003 at the other. could you please gimme some pointers as to how to proceed. Resources on bluetooth programming, i have found, are painfully scarce online. Your help is very appreciated. Thanx in advance!
    Last edited by miasma; 03-25-2005 at 12:38 AM.

Well, the first question is: which programming language are you using? There's plenty of Java API documentation for instance. Similarly, Microsoft also provides useful documentation and examples online:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ws_sockets.asp
    Danny Kalev