Bluetooth Programming in VB.NET - Page 2

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth Programming in VB.NET

thanks danny! im planning to use .Net for the project. MSDN tells me that there are two options:use windows sockets or a bluetooth API. Which of the two d'ya think would be appropriate for my project(which involvesa)sound transfer,(b)a mobile device, probably embedded at one end). Also, is there any good tutorials out there?

I would opt for sockets for two reasons:
    your design will be decoupled from the actual transport layer you're using. In other words, 1)If you decide to give up on bluetooth in favor of another wireless protocol in the future, you won't have to rewrite everything from scratch.
    2)Maturity. sockets is a well-established and proven API. It's stable, portable and comes with extensive documentation. My advice is always to choose a maturer technology for production code. Once you have mastered it, you can always migrate to the newer one.
    Danny Kalev

i have the same problem like rwill, is it the winCE 3.0 and winCE 4.2 problem?
    anyone can help us?

Somebody help!
    I have installed this bluetooth chat aplication on two ipaq h2210 i followed all the instructions in the article. I also set the correct port numbers. The problem is when i press 'connect' the text message log starts filling with ->->->->->->->->-> like it were receiving empty messages or packages and the application crashes. What can i do? do i made a mistake? or could it be because my ipaq model differs from the autor?
    Where can i get some info or examples to manipulate and work with a serial application of bluetooth in the pocket pc?

hi
    i m searching the vb.net or visual basic 6.0 code to send and recive ring tones and games from pc to mobile via bluetooth and infrared.
    can u pls help me...

Deepanshu

please can you give me source code for connection bluetooth with vb.net 2008
    iam doing project for taking attendance through bluetooth
    i need your help

Quote Originally Posted by rwill View Post
    I am trying to run the bluetooth mobile convergence chat application for pocketpc's. It is article number 11511. It just will not work for me, I have the app on both pocket pc's and it doesn't work some one help.
    Have you tried turning it off and on?
    is it plugged in?