How to convert word format to xml format

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: How to convert word format to xml format

How to convert word format to xml format

Currently,i am having final year project. I have given a task to convert (.doc) documents to .xml using VB.net. The problem is i had never study XML before. I wondering is there anyone can help me or roughly guide me through or telling me what can do.. I had try out the XMLSPY software. It just teaching me the basic of XMLschema, how to write XML codes and a bit on XSLT. Can anyone help me,please?

Nigel McFarlane is offline Former moderator, account closed
    You could start by using VB to open Microsoft Word as an automation object. Then ask Word to load the document and save it in a format that's XML-based. Read about "visual basic for applications" as a starting point and then jump across to VB.NET.
    Nigel McFarlane, Author: "Firefox Hacks", "Rapid Application Development with Mozilla"

The problem is i had to display my word document in my form and the user can defined their own variable tag. I had found out the MS word project and i had also come across an article by Mr Russell but the problem is currently i am using wordXP. I couldn't follow his method. Is there any other ways available?