How to convert word format to xml format

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: How to convert word format to xml format

How to convert word format to xml format

Currently,i am having final year project. I have given a task to convert (.doc) documents to .xml using The problem is i had never study XML before. I wondering is there anyone can help me or roughly guide me through or telling me what can do.. I had try out the XMLSPY software. It just teaching me the basic of XMLschema, how to write XML codes and a bit on XSLT. Can anyone help me,please?

Nigel McFarlane is offline Former moderator, account closed
    I live on the 'net
    You could start by using VB to open Microsoft Word as an automation object. Then ask Word to load the document and save it in a format that's XML-based. Read about "visual basic for applications" as a starting point and then jump across to VB.NET.
    Nigel McFarlane, Author: "Firefox Hacks", "Rapid Application Development with Mozilla"

The problem is i had to display my word document in my form and the user can defined their own variable tag. I had found out the MS word project and i had also come across an article by Mr Russell but the problem is currently i am using wordXP. I couldn't follow his method. Is there any other ways available?