applets

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: applets

Question applets

my computer was recently updated to solve a c drive space problem. also changed from windows 95 to 98.
    now, applets will not work on national weather service looping radar sites. I just get a small square box with a red triangle, green circle and blue square inside it
    I do have latest version of Internet explorer and have tried all settings in JUNO regarding JAVA settings. I am quite inexperienced in this area!!!

Check to make sure you have Java enabled in Internet Explorer.

In IE, click on Tools/Internet Options/Security Tab. Click on the Custom Level button and scroll down to Microsoft VM/Java Permissions, and make sure that Disable Java isn't selected.
    Thanks,
    Linda

Unhappy

followed instructions to no avail????

Unhappy

I have the same problem.
    I hope someone can help us.

Not sure if this will solve your problem or not, but Luvvabelle, in this thread was getting the three geometric shapes problem. She deleted all the java files and re-installed the whole platform. That seemed to solve her problem.
    Thanks,
    Linda

Hi, everyone.

This seems to be a curious and fairly common problem. My own experience of it started when I installed Visual Studio 6.0 as part of my Visual Basic course. After this was installed I was horrified to see I couldn't get even the old "Hello World !" applet to work. I tried un/re/installing various Java plug-ins, but nothing worked. In the end I got furious enough to do a full system recovery, and installed Java last thing. It did the trick, but I shall definitely remember to try just reinstalling Java if it happens again. I've seen this work for other people on other sites & threads.

JM