Chat Applet with Specific Features Needed...
I am the host of my own online games (http://gcsonlinegaming.tripod.com/) and I need a chat applet for my players to communicate in real time with each other. However, I do not want the players to be able to communicate with each other outside of the message boards and the chat room. On my MB, I have a Private Messaging feature to allow for private conversations, but I can still monitor them. However, I cannot find a chat applet that suits my needs correctly. These are the features I am looking for:
- NO Private Messaging Allowed (In order to keep them from exchanging e-mail addresses, IM names, etc.)
- Admin-Only Registration (Players will need a username and password, but they will not be able to create accounts, they will be set up beforehand)
- Chat Logging (It is too much of a pain to keep putting the chat up and taking the chat down on the site (it is a Tripod site), so a log would be nice so I could keep track of what was said (either in an HTML file or a text file))
- Voice Control (Admin can control who can and cannot speak (only necessary when he is present in the room))
- Multiple Rooms/Password Protected Rooms (This isn't really necessary, it would just be a nice thing to have so that players could have private conversations from other players, and more than one could be occuring at a time
I can probably guess that an applet doesn't exist that does all of this, so I was wondering how hard it would be to code something like this. I currently have almost no knowledge of programming, but I am learning C++ this year in school (if that would help me at all). Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Co-founder, Webmaster - GCS Online Gaming
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL