I am the host of my own online games (http://gcsonlinegaming.tripod.com/) and I need a chat applet for my players to communicate in real time with each other. However, I do not want the players to be able to communicate with each other outside of the message boards and the chat room. On my MB, I have a Private Messaging feature to allow for private conversations, but I can still monitor them. However, I cannot find a chat applet that suits my needs correctly. These are the features I am looking for:

• NO Private Messaging Allowed (In order to keep them from exchanging e-mail addresses, IM names, etc.)
  • Admin-Only Registration (Players will need a username and password, but they will not be able to create accounts, they will be set up beforehand)
  • Chat Logging (It is too much of a pain to keep putting the chat up and taking the chat down on the site (it is a Tripod site), so a log would be nice so I could keep track of what was said (either in an HTML file or a text file))
  • Voice Control (Admin can control who can and cannot speak (only necessary when he is present in the room))
  • Multiple Rooms/Password Protected Rooms (This isn't really necessary, it would just be a nice thing to have so that players could have private conversations from other players, and more than one could be occuring at a time

I can probably guess that an applet doesn't exist that does all of this, so I was wondering how hard it would be to code something like this. I currently have almost no knowledge of programming, but I am learning C++ this year in school (if that would help me at all). Thanks for any advice you can give me.

-Cale Scott
Co-founder, Webmaster - GCS Online Gaming