I'm programming an application in JAVA and I need to send one file from my computer (in which I am) to another remote computer through port 8080 (I can configure and install what I want in this remote computer if needed).

I'm thinking about using servlets and JSP but I don't know if this is the better solution and I don't know how to do it.

I guess I could install a web server (tomcat) in the remote computer and make a servlet and a JSP (with a formulary to select a file). Then from my computer I could connect to the remote website and select a file, then make a submit, the servlet would proccess the request and it'd upload the file from my computer to remote computer (in which web server is hosted). The problem is that I don't know how the servlet can get the file from my computer and upload it to the remote computer.

This idea is similar to email at Hotmail,Yahoo... when you select a file as and attachment and then it's uploaded to the server.

Well, it seems complicated and I don't know if it's the best way to do it. But the most important it's that I can only use port 8080 (due to an intermediate proxy (in my computer side) that I can't configure).

Please, help, it's very urgent.