Java executable - Page 2

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Java executable

Talking

hehehe....well good for you javacalc, you have finally done it. but i believe that your way of making it and mine are the same. you just altered my -cfm with your -cmf. actually, what you did was exactly the same as what i have been telling you. both work 100%. try to reorder it and i'm sure you'll get the same.

If, for whatever reason, you actually would prefer an .exe file instead of a jar file or a batch file have a look at the following link

http://mpowers.net/executor/
    Laziness is a virtue.

does executor convert swing components too? one converter i downloaded doesn't allow swing components. it also launches a DOS window when executed. it's pretty ugly with that window on the screen...

Executor doesn't actually convert it into native code, it simply creates an .exe file that will find the JRE and execture the main class in your jar file (defined by the manifest file). When you buy a registered version you can customise the default error messages and stipulate which JRE is needed. With the WinExecutor version, it will hide the console screen so it doesnt appear. There is a Evaluation download available from the website.
    Laziness is a virtue.

so i've read... this converter i downloaded was in MS' version of the JDK. the apps that converts class to native code was named, i think, jexegen. i think it was really converting it into native code. it won't recognize Swing components. i guess it was an old version i downloaded. but it was about more than a year ago already.