IE Java Restrictions?

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: IE Java Restrictions?

IE Java Restrictions?

I asked a question earlier and have since been able to narrow the problem down a bit.
    Internet Explorer will not display applets which I have uploaded to my website (It says "Class not found"). It displays applets on other sites just fine.
    Netscape will display all applets (including the ones on my website) correctly.

Does Internet Explorer have some sort of filter against my site? Does the file have to have some sort of certification? I tried turning all my security down to Low, but it didn't help.
    A friend of mine tried and IE displayed my applets correctly for him!
    I'm so confused...

Oh yeah, the URL of the site where I'm testing stuff is:
    http://acamiddle.hypermart.net/NEW/test.html

Thank you for any suggestions!
    virtualoverride

hey virtualoverride

i tried your link and one of the applets loaded just fine the "tea timer" the other one was blank, i didn't get any errors though. you mentioned that there is a "class not found error" this might be because your applet could have more than one class files and you may have forgotten to upload some of its files or maybe you deleted some of its files by accident? check to see everything your applet needs is there and if all the files are there than i'm not sure what the problem could be.

btw i ran the applets under ie 6.0 sp1 with the java jre v1.4.1
    ¿Red Baron?
    [code] /* dont forget code tags! */ [/code]
    Come visit the Café!

i encountered the same problem as you are having when i first installed the JRE on my system....this was when the latest release of the JDK was 1.4.1beta, and it came with a copy of the JRE............
    none of my applets would work, but applets on other people's sites would work fine........
    to fix i just downloaded the most current version of the JRE, installed, and all my problems were gone......
    not sure if this will help, but as my sig says (which i have found to be all too true) "the simplest solution tends to be the best"....
    Linux?!?!?!
    What is that, something to eat?

"All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best."
    Acham's Razor