making java applet into a link ?

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: making java applet into a link ?

making java applet into a link ?

I'm wondering how, if possible at all, to make a java applet on my webpage into a html link ?
    I'm using the applet in a menu bar for mouse over effects, yet am unable to make the applet into a clickable link.

I had an idea that perhaps I need to pass a parameter of the url into my applet then within the applet direct the webpage frame content to that url. ......sounds like a nice idea, but I don't know whether this would work.

Can someone please help me out ?? I don't know how much more violent abuse my computer can sustain at the hands of my non-linking applet boggle. =)

Yes - the idea with the applet is that you supply the applet with the link and it does the linking itself. You'll have to (probabl) contact the author to find out more about it, or maybe have a look at some examples of it's use.
    Meethoss

sorry about that, I didn't make it clear but I actually wrote the applet. =) I know what I have to do, but I'm just not sure on how to code it.
    I know I have to use:
    getAppletContext().showDocument(string,"_self");
    in a mouseClicked() event.

....but its for a menubar on a website with frames. How can I send the loaded content to a different frame using that line of code. Any ideas on what to do ?

hi,
    Yes, you have the right idea... use a mouselistener, and then utilize the URL class to send the user to a different URL.

~Jim