Email a table

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Email a table

Email a table

Please help. I have a very simplistic shopping cart program that works exactly how I need it to for our company intranet. The problem I am having is that I can't get the final results table to e-mail the way I need it to. The only way it will e-mail is with the mailto: command which requires the client to accept warnings from Outlook. I have tried to use CDONTS, but I can't get the table to e-mail. I hope there is a way to do this with JAVA. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey. One solution is to make a program to accept the connections and run it on your server and instead of mailing it, it will send the data. If you need help on how to do this, just check out a chat program or ask me and i'll teach you/send an example.
    - Master Of Souls
    "Weeks of coding can save hours of planning."

If you could help be out by giving me an example that would be great. Is there any way to run a javascript in a form field? Thank you very much.

I have attached an example from a tutorial at IBM's site (I think it was IBM...). The server is an application and the client is an applet. It's a simple chat application, you can use it as the base and instead of sending what the user types, you send the form. And about running some javascript from a form field, there is a way although I haven't learnt much javascript, so I can't help you there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Master Of Souls
    "Weeks of coding can save hours of planning."