First of all I just want to say that if this post should be in the Web Services section, let me know and I'll move it.

Here's my problem. I have a web application that I need to restrict access to. At the moment this web app is secured using Basic authentication and the users that have access to the resource are defined on the application server. Does anyone know of a way in which I will be able to restrict access to a web page using NT usernames, groups and passwords? This could be a Java Bean, or a servlet, or I could even just create an ASP page that retrieve's the user details somehow and hand those values to the JSP page (I know how I can get the username this way, but what about the group they belong to?).

One final thing. All my web applications are deployed to BEA's WebLogic Server. Now I know that I can use a NT Realm to restrict access to my web application but the trouble is that WLS is ran on a Sun Solaris box. Does anyone know if I can use an NT Realm on a Sun Solaris box?

Thanks for reading the post and for all those who don't have a clue what I'm on about - Sorry for wasting your time.