accessing database through applet

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: accessing database through applet

Question accessing database through applet

i wann to access mysql database using dsn or dsnless connection....i tried both the options....they work properly when i run them through dos prompt...but when i run applet usinng html through browser...its giving me exception....security access exception.....so
    is anything extra requd when i run applet through browser....or they r having security not to access database.......below i m giving my applet code also...plz give me a help for this....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Applets

The problem is that you are trying the connection code on the client pc (when the applets runs). You do not have permission to do so. What you can do is run this code at the server, and get the result to the applet somehow (bet to use http).

Sharbov.

Unhappy access of databse

Sir,

as u told me run the code at server end....same solution i was thinking that i will use applet servlet communication...but sir my boss says we dnt wann to go for this complications n there should be sme solution as all web sites using applet r not using applet servlet communication......so any other way is there sir....n i think as our applet is loaded from server only so it should work......

Smile

You'll have to sign the applet to give it special permissions.
    ArchAngel.
    O:-)

but sir how to sign applet
    i know sme stpes but not confident abut it.....u can give help to me that how to sign an applet

[sir i dnt know how to sign an applet so if psble can u give me a help regarding that...becz i tried that also on my level but bad luck sir...