No java support for winXP pro??

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: No java support for winXP pro??

Unhappy No java support for winXP pro??

I recently upgraded to win XP pro and now I cannot see the java I put on my webpage. Others can see it just fine. I can't find out how to get the java virtual machine plugged in this version of windows. I've tried to research the subject, and I read that microsoft considers java to be some kind of security problem, and they weren't planning to support it anymore, blah blah blah, so what am I supposed to do now? I just want the thing to work. Should I go back to my old windows, or is this the eventual path for java and I should just give it up?

Please email me if you can help explain...I want to know!!
    debbie walton
    debbieatmuzicomdotcom

It would help if you gave the address of your website. However, check to see if you can view the following applet:

http://java.sun.com/applets/other/Hangman/index.html

If you can't, go to java.sun.com and you can download the plug-in from there.
    ArchAngel.
    O:-)

need more instructions on what to do

The website url is www.pixieproduction.com/aric.htm

I can no longer see the script running, and I can't find the thing in my Internet Explorer 6 options to turn java on (like I used to have in the menu.) It isn't there.

thanks for the help,
    debbie walton
    debbieatmuzicomdotcom

Unhappy XP pro/sp2 I want my JAVA back

I went to the url, and this is what I see:

alt="Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!

My husband told me he installed XP pro service pack 2 updates and that has something to do with why I can't see the java, something about microsoft 'plugged security holes' and left the support for java out.

I just want to get the java back on my machine like it was before he 'updated' it for me...If you know about XP pro, the service pack 2 updates, and getting java to work under these conditions, please email me with help in the form of "Directions for Dummies"
    debbie walton
    debbieatmuzicomdotcom

I have to admit that I usually go straight for the Java plug-in from Sun, as mentioned by ArchAngel...

http://java.com/en/index.jsp

(in the green square marked "free download")

Try downloading it and then viewing webpages with Java.

Joyous Monkey