JSP sessions problem

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: JSP sessions problem

Question JSP sessions problem

Hi,

I am having problems implementing JSP sessions. Currently I have a JSP login page (1) when submitted, will forward login info to another JSP page (2)to validate against the DB table. On this page I also start the session:

sessionMaxInactiveInternal(240);
    session.setAttribute("login", loginnamevar);

A link with a response.encodeURL(url) takes the user to the member JSP page (3). On first arrival the session.getAttribute("login"); succesfully retreives the loginname set earlier.
    The problem is when i refresh the page, the session variable dissapears and shows null in pages test code.
    Is this to do with Resin, because it works locally using Tomcat? Am i doing this correctly?
    Please help
    Nick

it might be a result of a few things.. immediately springing to mind, are things like:

has the session expired?

are you sure that resin actually receives a cookie or re-written url from the browser, when refresh is pushed?

I use a utility called HTTPWatch 3.0 to examine what my browser receives and sends to servers; you could use it or something similar to see if the cookies are being sent correctly...
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?