Can any one help me, its hard for me but not for you guys
I’m posting a message as I need help with java
Im a student and I got a Assignment in java to do to design a ticket machine (read assignment) it should use basic things like calculating change
But I’m at a loss!
Can some tell me, how to change the position of a scroll bar that im using as a slider to select different images, and how to change the position of a button!
If there’s’ any one out there that can help me then I would be very grateful, and would given pay a little £££.$$$
Here is basically what I have to do
“You have been commissioned by a local transport authority to improve the design of their underground railway ticket machines. In addition to providing the standard methods of ticket purchase and options of ticket type based on either the travellers knowledge of their fare zone or their final station the transport authority would like key tourist landmarks (illustrated by a small colour picture on the screen) to be a third option.”
In your submission you should provide documentation as outlined below.
You may assume that the machine will be placed at a fixed location of your choice.
A simulation of the ticket machine : including
1. An interface which allows passengers.
· To request a ticket based on destination zone
· To request a ticket based on selecting a picture of a tourist landmark
· Cancel the current transaction
2. It should be possible to display a set of pictures of London landmarks by interacting with the display. eg pressing a next button – using a slider.
3. The machine should display the selected zone or landmark and the cost.
4. A method must be included to allow the user to test the response of the machine when a passenger feeds in coins or notes in a range of amounts.
5. The machine should display the amount of money remaining to be tendered. Include an out of order display, when no input from the passenger is allowed.
6. The amount of change to be returned after the ticket has been issued should be displayed (the coin/note denominations which the machine will return the change in can be displayed
7. When the correct amount is tendered a ticket should be issued. This is a representation of a ticket – no physical output needs to be created.
read the full assingment
big job.. i hope youve left yourself a few months for this.
the first thing to do is NOT to start with the user interface.. write the small utility classes like the thing that calculates the change...
write a class that models london as a grid, and can determine the cost from travelling from point A to point B
write a class to represent a landmark, as a subclass of a JPanel or jButton, etc, that draws a picture of itself.. this can later be used to put into a graphical layout, in rough grid fashion, for your travellers to click on..
if the ui doesnt have to be that complex, then jsut make a landmark class, that has a picture and a grid location.. the user can flip through the Landmarks array in the machine, and pick one to go to.. the GridDistanceCalculator can then calculate the difference between its present location and the landmark, and the ChangeGiver can accept money and give the correct change..
in printing the ticket out, i would simply write a textfile to the local system.. you can then say it is easy to get it printed, by7 printing the text file
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center