Button press loop

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Button press loop

Button press loop

Hi folks,

I am new to java and was wondering is there a way in which a java program can simulate button press such as x into a text box and loop every 2 minutes.

All help welcomed.

Thanks.

I think YourTextField.setText(YourTextField.getText()+"x"); would work for the adding the x bit. Other than that, you'll need your run() to have a sixty second wait and just loop.

Re: Button press loop

Originally posted by tm251
    Hi folks,

I am new to java and was wondering is there a way in which a java program can simulate button press such as x into a text box and loop every 2 minutes.

All help welcomed.

Thanks.
    buttons support a method doClick() that programmatically simulates clicks on a button.

you may wish, however, to use a java.awt.Timer object, which emits window events at a specified interval to all interested listeners.. all you would have to do is configure a Timer than emits an ActionEvent to certain buttonhandlers every 60 seconds...

note hough, that enetering an X into a text box, and pressing a button, are 2 very different things...
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

I think he may have meant pressing a keyboard button.

heh.. yes.. i just figured it out upon rereading.. funny, the ambiguities of language....

anyways, yes you can.. just have a look at the event model. theres a page about it here:

http://www.utoronto.ca/atrc/referenc...usings/Events/
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

Thanks folks for the help.