NCH menu help

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: NCH menu help

NCH menu help

hello : ) I have some problem with my NCH menu, how do I direct the links to diffrent target frames? someone must know Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english ; ) /Alex
    Ing4 Fr0m Sw3den

i'm sorry.. there is not enough information in your question, for me to provide any assistance.. can you explaina little more clearly?
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

okay.. It's like this, I have the NCH menu applet(http://javaboutique.internet.com/Nch_menu/) in the left frame on my site, and i want the links to "be active" in the right frame, go to www.idi.se/bsu/sida and try to click on the menu and you'll probably figure out what i mean : )
    Ing4 Fr0m Sw3den

im still a little lost...

i click on News, and the news appears in the right, the menu stays put.

i click on contact, and the right frame changes to show contact details...

i click on files, and "comming soon appears int he right frame..

i click on sponsors, and the sponsors page appears, and i click on www.itcafe-fastlane.se and go to their site....

so im a bit lost... ?

one thing i have noticed.. the applet seems to reload every time ? is this because you made every page with the applet on? in that case, make your pages with frames, put the applet in the left frame and then use the following in the java code:

this.getAppletContext().showDocument(new URL("http://www.google.com"),"_TARGET");

and just make the _TARGET the name of the frame...

this copde is found in the mouseclick handler, probably
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

well, the thing is that i have deleted the frames from the site ! so the menu is integrated on every page, as you might notice if you go to "Lineup" and scroll down, but anyhow i e-mailed the one who made NCH menu and got a new verison of it where you can change target frame easily so problem solved thanks any way : )
    Ing4 Fr0m Sw3den