help on BMI

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: help on BMI

Question help on BMI

Hi I'm new on java programming and I'm kind of lost, so I need some help please!
    I have to do a program that calculates the BMI of a person, weight category, and disease risk based on his/her height and weight. can anyone help me please?
    the input should look like this:
    what is your sex(m or f)?
    what is your height (ft' in")?//here I need to extract the feet and inches values from the height input and convert to meters
    what is your weight (lbs)?
    what is your waist size (inches)?
    I also have to use if statments and while loops to clasifed weight catergory with BMI , disease risk basing on sex category.
    So please give me some examples, I'm kind of lost.
    So far I got down to the question "what is your waist size", but where I got stuck and I can't figure out is on the height. how can I extract feet and inches after the user enter feet and inches like this 5'4"
    Please somebody help me, thank you so much,

Cesar

i just answered this question on codeguru.com.. if you click one of the links in my sig, you'll get there, then just go to the forum (hint ; at the top of the thread, click the words "java programming" in the 'path'
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?