uml diagram

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uml diagram

uml diagram

i once had a software which could automatically create a uml diagram of java code, have lost the software and cant remember what its called, anyone here know of it or something similar???

was it called Together? Thats what I use at uni. It can turn java classes into a UML diagram, or it can turn UML diagrams into skeleton java classes (among many other things).

unfortunatley it doesnt sound like the same one i have used, but i'll give it a try it might give me what i nead, where can i download it from??

Unfortunately I don't know, its just installed on the university computers. You could give google a try, it might help.

i think i found it, its 128mb so i hope its what i'm looking for,

thanks mike

if anyone knows of anything else let me know, thanks

i've decided i'm going to have a go at making one myself, how do i create a uml diagram, what info do i need, is there anything else i need to know about doing them

trust me.. in the time it would take you to write it.. even a modem would have downloaded Together
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

i got this uml diagram, why does it say unkown in some of the boxes, also i would be grateful for anyone to explain to me what ia happening in the diagram cos i dont understand it one bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

UML diagrams show relationships between objects. I would imaging the "unknown" is in there because the name of the objects wasn't supplies. The relationships in the diagram all seem to be HAS-A relationships (hard to see some of the writing). Eg, a text area HAS text.

would it be better if i was to edit the "unknown" out, or is there something i can replace it with?

replace it with the name of the object

i hope i'm not coming across as stupid but how would i know the name of the object if i'm not sure whats happening in the diagram, or is it only one object that it can be.

well you can name it anything you want, but it should be something sensible that means something in context with the diagram so if you don't know whats going on in the diagram I guess you can't name the object. Where did you get the diagram from? Whoever made it must know what is going on in it.

the classes do however have their types next the where their name should be, i'm sure you could use the types to work out whats going on.

Everytime I have to draw one of those, I always end up drawing an ERD instead. Same thing, different arrows basically. I think it'd be hard to write a program that drew these automatically.