Pass variable to next page for use?

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Pass variable to next page for use?

Question Pass variable to next page for use?

Newbie here... I have the following login choices for our players. They can login with Login1 and be able to choose the desired ID number.
    OR
    They can log in with Login2 which allow choice of ID number but does not open the desired version of the playroom which is Room
    I would like to incorporate the ID# variable into login2 and be able to open "Room" with the corresponding ID#. Currently, "Room" opens with ID#1 due to the "&prof_id=chat_pf_1" that is the tailend of the urls referenced in the coding. The only way I can think of doing this is to incorporate the variable into the login - but I would also have to have it passed to the "Room" bottom frame so that it will open with the desired ID#.
    I hope I explained this correctly. In case anyone is wondering, this "Room" is a Yahoo pool room which our players need to be able to enter even when its declared as "full" by Yahoo.
    Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. TY!

your problem isnt stated particularly clearly.. can you possibly restate in the following terms:

what you have got currently
    what you want

please use no more than ~15 words per sentence. here is an example:

We have a website that allows members to play pool and chat
    There are two login screens for the site
    If the user enters via login screen 1 he goes to the room only if there is enough space
    If he enters via room 2, he goes to the room regardless of how full it is
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

if it helps, pretend I am 5 years old and/or thick
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

lol sorry - im rather new at this and looking at my post, i can see your reasoning. here goes...
    I have 2 login options. Login1 logs in the player with their #1 ID.
    Login2 allows the user to choose ID# but will only open the Regular YPool room
    I would like to merge the 2 login styles to allow choice of ID# along with Name/PW login.
    Ex:
    Name: _____ (fillin)
    PW: _____ (fillin)
    ID#: _____ (dropdown or fillin)
    The ID# input would need to "open" the corresponding url (...=chat_pf_#.html)in the bottom frame.