Invalid File Name!

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Invalid File Name!

Invalid File Name!

Guys, need some help here. I moved my domains from a reseller(Win2000) to a dedicated box(Win2003) and one of the domains is having trouble displaying java applets. www.gordonmcgowan.co.uk (HTML Site)

I get an error message saying Invalid File Name! where the applet should be running.

Not changed the site in any way.

Downloaded JRE and now I can view the applet server side, but doing a client browse I still get the error?

Any ideas?

I tried the website and I get the error. Have you tried to create a standard jar instead of zip? Maybe the new webserver sends a different mime type.

Sounds great , if only I knew want that meant. Sorry, new to Java, can you give me some pointers and I will happily try your suggestion out?

Cheers,
    Graham.

The applet is implement ed in a Java class file that may be packaged in an archive jar file.

The archive is specified inside the applet tag where you declare the applet as the 'archive' attribute. I checked the source code of the HTML page and the archive="file.zip" instead
    of the common file.jar. The new web server may not send the correct 'application/x-java-archive' type for this file to the browser.

Yep, think I understand now. Only thing is, I can't seem to find the corresponding jar file for this class. I've searched the internet and nothing comes up in a search.

Is there a way to make the zip work? As I said, it works server side when viewing the page from the server!?!