Help with a Java Applet

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Help with a Java Applet

Help with a Java Applet

I just started using Java applets. Have it down pretty good...but, I downloaded the Frozen Bubbles Game (which I'm addicted to!) and am having trouble with it. I'm not sure which files to paste into my page that is contained in the frozenbubblessources file. I have the complete file in my ftp and the code:

<applet width=640 height=480 code=FrozenBubble archive=frozenBubble.jar>
    </applet>

inserted on my page in dreamweaver. I know I have to place some instructions with it. Just not sure which ones to use. This is just a bit more complicated than the simpler applets I have been using. Anybody out there who can help me?

Hi, tahoebuff.

I've just taken a quick look at the Frozen Bubbles applet download. It contains quite a few files !! You're going to need all of the files in your directory except for the .java files, which will need to be compiled to form .class files instead. All of the class files will then be needed in the same directory.

Hope this helps,
    JM

Originally posted by joyous monkey
    You're going to need all of the files in your directory except for the .java files, which will need to be compiled to form .class files instead. [/B]
    consider also, packaging the game in a JAR, because that's what the applet tag states..

see my signature for a tutorial on jars
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?