Java Servlet API class

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Java Servlet API class

Unhappy Java Servlet API class

I downloaded the Java Servlet API Class from the Java website. After I unzipped the file, i found some files in a directory named javax. Now where exactly must i place this directory and how to include it in my classpath. What must be the path and where must i place it. I'm a newbie to servlets, so plz help me. thanx in advance

dont unzip the jar.. just put it somewhere, and add the full class of it to the classpath. as an example, i installed the mail api jars so i could send emails. here's my classpath:

CLASSPATH=c:\j2sdk1.4.2_03\jre\lib\rt.jar;c:\javamail1.3.1\mail.jar;c:\jaf1.0.2\activation .jar;.

if it appears to contain a few spaces.. trust me, it doesnt (the board software inserts spaces for blocks of text more than X characters wthout a space)

note that you will need a servlet container like catalina (tomcat 5) to run servlets
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?