Mix of web and client server technics: is this correct?

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Mix of web and client server technics: is this correct?

Mix of web and client server technics: is this correct?

Hi all,
    In web development is it possible to mix web development and client server techniques. I mean is it possible to have web GUIs where are are using a web server and have other GUIs using Client Server technique in the same application? If it's feasable how is the performance of such application?

Thanks

p.s.
    someone suggested this after considering quantity of data to display in front end; it seems that web GUIs don't display a lot of quantity of information in a same time

apart from the question making not-much-sense, it is up to you how you display the data. i generally advice that nothing be done on the client side, because it is wild and uncontrolled space.

personally, i wouldnt mix the two, but places where it comes in handy are sites like an applet that draws a map (client side - www.viamichelin.com) versus sites that draw the map at the server end(www.streetmap.co.uk)

streetmap is the site i use, but viamichelin is slicker in the user interface
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

is that a response to my question? I don't understand a connection with my question.
    Cheers,