Granting read permission

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Granting read permission

Granting read permission

Hi

Can anybody tell me how to successfully grant my applet read permission so it can read graphics files. I`ve read many a tutorial from sun, looked at many webpages but for the life of me I cannot get my applet up and running.

It works fine in the applet viewer but I get a java.security.AccessControlException when I run it using a browser.

Please help. I`ve been having this problem for weeks now and I`m so frustrated.

Nick

Thumbs up Have Some Info ...

Hi,
    I am Rakesh From India. I too have the same problem. But I know the Solution [ never implemented, i know theorotilcally]. If you want your application to be executed in a network only then you have to change the certification files located in you jdk folder. I cann't remember exactly. i'll send you the documentation where you can find a very good info. If you want your application to be executed in internet then you have to buy an digital signature [ form versign example ] an sign you applet using that signature[ make a jar file and sign it] and then load it to the server. Please refer and documentation or book about applets or awt controls.

Hope this may Help you ...
    ... Rakesh
    ... Rakesh.A