Well, you don't exactly need to install tomcat, and its not platform dependent like java. Well, heres what you can do -
1. Go to http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat
2. Click on the "binaries" under the download option on the left side menu
3. Now go way down the list and you'll find a tomcat's versions.
4. Since ur using windows, click on the tomcat5.0.28.zip
5. Wait for the zip file to download
6. After unzipping, when u open the unzipped folder, you'll find a bin folder, open it and now double click on startup.bin
And your tomcat starts...
Find great java apps. Get your java apps rated - http://www.thejavahub.com