Application Engineer (J2EE)
Cymerc Exchange has custom-built a high-quality, full-service marketplace
based on the latest <b>J2EE technologies</b>. We are aggressively expanding
our marketplace and are looking for great people who are “true and driven”
with a career focus.
Cymerc Exchange is the leading online business-to-business marketplace for
buying and selling high-end, surplus telecommunications and IT equipment
across the world. This includes equipment from Cisco, Nortel, Sun, and Lucent.
We are funded by top-notch VCs, Mohr, Davidow Ventures and Trinity Ventures.
Check us out: www.cymerc.com
Generous Options Packages
Paid medical, dental and vision
3 weeks paid time off
Casual, fun environment
Unlimited beverages and food
The Application Engineer will work closely with Product Managers and Web
Developers to design, develop and deliver cutting edge J2EE-based solutions.
The ideal candidate should have a strong technical aptitude with a business
understanding, solid object oriented skills, initiative and a strong interest
in new technologies.
· Object oriented analysis and designs following UML and using Rational Rose
· Development of application and data tier services using JSP/Servlets, EJBs,
XML and Oracle 8i
· Work closely with product managers, web producers and product management
· Assist with architecture and technology decisions
· Bachelors Degree, BSCS or MSCS preferred
· Must enjoy and thrive in a start-up environment with a competitive desire
· Burning desire to deliver high-quality, cutting-edge B2B e-Commerce solutions
using emerging technologies while balancing timely delivery with product
features and technology
· Hands-on development experience in a structured engineering environment
using defined methodologies and techniques (UML and OOD Patterns)
· Hands-on experience designing and developing application-tier/data-tier
services in distributed architectures (BEA WebLogic 5.1, J2EE - JSP 1.1,
Servlets 2.2 and Enterprise JavaBeans 1.1)
· At least two years experience using object oriented technologies such as
C++ or Smalltalk
· Working knowledge of web-based front-ends and relational databases (HTML,
· Strong interpersonal communications with ability to clearly articulate
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL