image slideshow across 3 placements on page

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: image slideshow across 3 placements on page

image slideshow across 3 placements on page

I am developing a site with 3 images placed on the page. I would like to run a slideshow in each of these placements.

Java scripts I have seen/downloded typically work for only 1 image placement on the page - I can not seem to get slideshows #2 and #3 to work properly - the java script gets mixed between them.

Is there a script that is available will allow me to run 3 individual slideshows on the same page?

thanks
    scott

Scott,
    This is a Javascript question, not a Java question.

But I think you need to genericize the javascript. Take out hardcoded values and pass things in. Not seeing the script makes it tough to tell but I bet that is what is happening.

I have a page that run three slideshows following an article and using an applet from Devx (http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/10265).

It's achieved by placing three sets of applets and images in three different cells of a table. The page is here: www.borneotales.com

I am sure it's very amateurish by a programmer's standard, but I am very pleased with my first experiment with applet, learned in less than an hour :-)

goya