DJScroller

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: DJScroller

DJScroller

I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm very attached to my scroller applet that sits on my homepage at the fun site http://www.fatjack.co.uk/drink All the script requires is a “DJScroller.class” file, an archive “DJFiles.zip” file and a configuration “tengine.txt” loaded to the same directory as the calling html.

I'm now producing a site at http://www.flynnsbeefarm.co.uk/ for a friend and want to install the applet on the "relaxation CDs" page. Got it working nicely locally I then uploaded all the relevant files only to get the "load: class DJScroller not found" error when viewing live.

To test the html I uploaded the flynns page to the drink web to see if it would call the .class and .zip file that reside there. It did.

So I re-uploaded the applet files and tried again no go. I carefully checked filenames & cases, uploaded all to the root directory - no go. Tried to contact the author of the script but the link is dead - tried javaboutique FAQ - no help but I did download a fresh batch of files in case of corruption.

I have tried uploading in ASCII as well as (the recommended) binary.
    I have tried allowing all permissions to the files.
    I have tried changing the directory.
    I have tried uploading the bare html script in case another page element was interfering with it.

I've spent 24 hours on a silly scroller that I don't even know that I want on the site - but you know what its like - just can’t stand defeat after all this effort.

Please help if you can, all suggestions gratefully received.

Bet it's something silly

Bad link.

sorry, have now edited the post please try again