Window closing exception

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Window closing exception

Window closing exception

I'm currently doing a project with a container and all and I'm not too used with it yet.

The program handles datas coming from a random access file and everything gets messed up if the user clicks on the red X.

I want to know how make the program makes his how exception when the user closes the window.

And I don't want to just disable the window, because on some windows, I want to use the red X as a back button, so that it shows back the previous window instead of ending the execution.

thank you.

SOE

As far as my understanding is concerned you want to open a child window upon clicking something and after the usage you want to go back to the parent window upon clicking the X mark on the window.

If this is the case then you need to use another container in a parent container and need to open the child container and upon clicking the X on the window you need to close the child container in the event corresponding to the window closing.

If still needs any clarifications then please describe your problem well.

Good Luck,

Narayana :-)

Wink

I think you have to use WindowListener

Best Regards
    floaty

Narayana, this is exactly what I want to do, and I already knew I had to close the corresponding child window in the correspounding even method. I know I must use the windowListener to listen to the X button, but that is exactly what I want to know how to do.