Good Morning! How is everyone out there in the world of Java doing today?

I did some research yesterday and found out that I might just have a memory leak in new code and/or existing code in the application that I am working on. I am noticing severe memory increases and CPU utilization going to 100% while running the application. I realize that Java does its own garbage collection, but I must be having a problem with memory and CPU time being gobbled up somewhere. I don't believe that it is in the Netbeans 4.0 IDE as the severity of this problem did not crop up until this week after adding even more code to the application. By the way, I am using a Pentium 4 processor with 512 MB of RAM. Netbeans really flies, but my application now does not, unfortunately for this possible memory leak issue. If you could please afford me any information, links, how to solve a memory leak problem, with steps to get rid of it/them. Even if you feel that this is not a memory leak problem and that it is something else entirely different, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated by me! Thank you very much for all of your time and support!

Eric.