Include file into current project

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Include file into current project

Include file into current project

hi,

what I trying to do is to include some file into current project in vs.net. I tried to copy those file and paste into the directory of current project and then I include it. The problem is that when I tried to run the project with new added files, the browser give me this:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'DbSys01.WF6CustDetail'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="RPTCustDetail.aspx.vb" Inherits="DbSys01.WF6CustDetail" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cr" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" %>
    Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Source File: G:\Database System\DbSys01\Report\RPTCustDetail.aspx Line: 1

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance

Could be you're missing the "Src" attribute?

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutoria...4F1105312.dcik
    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

The code line '<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="RPTCustDetail.aspx.vb" Inherits="DbSys01.WF6CustDetail" %>' says you are using code behind.

Perhaps you miss the code, i.e. the web form class 'DbSys01.WF6CustDetail' is not defined in your project. Did you include the file 'RPTCustDetail.aspx.vb' ?

If you have included the correct files as oupoi suggested, the problem could be with 'Inherits="DbSys01.WF6CustDetail"'. Was the project this page originally belonged to called DbSys01? If so, change DbSys01 to the name of your current project.

I found out the answer! Anyway, Thanks to oupoi and cmm, it is exactly what both of you said. Thank you!!