Misguided on upcoming web development project

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Misguided on upcoming web development project

Talking Misguided on upcoming web development project

I would first like to say HI! to everyone in the forum! I am new here and hope that I fit in with the culture.

Basically I don't know what to think anymore. I am trying to design and develop a java Web Application project and am currently stuck on the Eclipse road. I am in the process of looking for non-buggy plugins that have a decent Web Application wizard that keeps all your session beans and JSP's in the right places and can export them to a .WAR file. Further I was looking for a plugin that had a Web Perspective similar to that of the Web Perspective in IBM WebSphere.

Now if I was having good luck with it then I wouldn't be posting now right?

Well to make a long story short I am a generally open minded guy and am getting fed up with Eclipse. If you happen to know any easily installed and relatively bug free plugins that have these features then please let me know about them. OR if you have an idea for a DIFFERENT software then please share your ideas. Creating beans and JSP's are generally new to me and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Delegate tasks and not decisions.
    --maple_shaft moment of Zen--

I use JBuilder8 Enterprise (can't afford ver. 10 yet) and all the stuff you are
    struggling with here is just a problemfree click away. Its not freeware but when you
    start it up you see why
    eschew obfuscation

I'm personally using a variety of design tools, depending on what I'm building. For web development I'm using Oracje JDeveloper. But that's mostly because I've got an Oracle database and an Oracle application server to deploy to...
    However, it does everything nicely, and if I'm correct, you don't have to pay anything for it, at least not untill you start building commercial applications.