New user here!

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: New user here!

Hybrid View

New user here!

Hey guys, I have been searching for an advanced programming language that is popular among coders. I have been told Java is one of the leading languages out there. Well, looks like I decided to give this forum a shot!

Here is a little information about me, I'm 14 living in Canada, Ontario. I'm Italian and Ukranian. I enjoy webdesign, but I am serious about learning a application development language.

So...I want to start but don't know what to do. If you guys could help me get on the right foot with the easiest things out there for beginners, such as a nice compiler and learning sources until I can buy a book.

Grazie,

Russ

Java is a language designed by Sun, so you can get everything you need to start from their website.

http://java.sun.com/learning/new2java/

This page gives a general overview of what Java is, instructions on how to set up your computer to run Java bytecode, and then some basic tutorials for beginners.

There may be better websites out there for teaching general programming (i'm sure people will post some), but certainly for Java specific questions the Sun website should be the best.