Opening for a Lead Technology Coordinator
Washington Wholesale Liquor Company, a distributor of premium wines, spirits
and beer in the Washington, DC area, is seeking a Lead Technology Coordinator.
This position is a “hands on” technical supervisor with high visibility
that is responsible for supporting the daily technology activities within
the organization. This position requires a bachelor's degree in computer
information systems or related area and 3 years of overall technology experience
as well as 1-2 years of experience supervising technical professionals.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required. You also
must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
We work with the latest technology including Windows 2000, Exchange 2000,
Microsoft CMS and the full suite of MS-Office Professional Edition (including
Outlook), plus many more.
Candidate must possess the following:
as complex Website architecture
· A general understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
· A working knowledge of Microsoft IIS 5.0
· A working knowledge of Networking technologies
· An in depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
(Office 2000 & Office XP)
· 3 years of experience as a technical professional(developer or network
· 1-2 years of experience supervising technical professionals
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related area
· Help desk experience is a plus
· Supervises a team of technology support personnel.
· Updates and maintains the company website.
· Works with suppliers and retail establishments as a liaison in marketing
and coordinating the automation of data through the company website.
· Supervises the help desk function for approximately 30 desktop users in
a Windows 2000 environment.
· Works with the corporate technology group to coordinate and promote technology
· Coordinates large projects with the corporate technology group.
· Responsible for maintaining the Problem and Enhancement System.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer a full range of benefits,
stable employment, continual training and a chance for advancement. You will
be working with a team in our technology support group. Occasional travel
may be required.
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL