Hi,
I m a new Netbeans user. I am using Netbeans 4.0 with JDK 1.4.2 on Windows XP Professional. I have been trying to run a web application from Netbeans with an external Apache Tomcat Server Version 4.1.27 but it is not running even though there is no problem with the application itself as it runs as it should when I simply open the application in the web browser. But when I try to run it from NetBeans it doesn't runs. The application gets build, but when I click to run the application it doesn't starts and shows the following error in the Output window under the web application name tab:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
init:
deps-jar:
Compiling 1 source file to C:\Java\WorkplaceApp\build\web\WEB-INF\classes
compile:
compile-jsps:
run-deploy:
Starting server Tomcat 4 Server
Starting Tomcat process...
Tomcat server started.
In-place deployment at C:\Java\WorkplaceApp\build\web
deploy?config=file:/C:/Java/WorkplaceApp/build/web/META-INF/context.xml&war=file:/C:/Java/WorkplaceApp/build/web/
FAIL - Unknown command /deploy
C:\Java\WorkplaceApp\nbproject\build-impl.xml:321: org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment$DeploymentException: Deployment failed.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 25 seconds)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The line in build-impl.xml in which it is showing the error is given below:

<nbdeploy forceRedeploy="${forceRedeploy}" clientUrlPart="${client.urlPart}" debugmode="false"/>

And under the Application Server name tab in the Output window it throws the following long list of exception:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\temp
Using JAVA_HOME: C:\jdk1.4.2
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Catalina.start: LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:1158)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2246)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Catalina.stop: LifecycleException: This server has not yet been started
LifecycleException: This server has not yet been started
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2213)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:543)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can any1 plz tell what am I supposed to do so that I am able to run the application from NetBeans as there is no problem with the application and it runs when I open it in the browser by typing the url.

Thanx in advance