Java or Virus file?

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Java or Virus file?

Java or Virus file?

Hi all
    I'm Having a problem launching anything that require's Java on my Web browser...
    I was infected with a few viruses & am hoping by asking Java pros for help,I can be set in the right direction to fixing this problem.
    I manualy deleted this file's from it's location (C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\) and I dont know if those file's were for runing Java on my Browser.
    I've installed Java Runtime Enviorment but it only works on Firefox and always crashes after few minutes of use,I set Java RTE to run on IE and it doesnt work at all.
    I deleted the file's from the recycle bin and used a File Recovery Programm with no success.
    Am thinking if I copy the file's I deleted from another Windows XP Home PC and putting them in mine it should fix it?.
    I'd like to know if the file's i deleted were for runing Java on my Web Browser and if I should replace them or a better solution.
    Thanks in Advance

C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\BlackBox.class-3bcc4ae6-39c80a46.class is Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\BlackBox.class-3bcc4ae6-39c80a46.class is Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\Dummy.class-5db50b5e-296fa834.class is Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan. Deleted.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\Dummy.class-5db50b5e-296fa834.class is Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\VerifierBug.class-28b7d374-32260c9d.class is Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\.jpi_cache\file\1.0\VerifierBug.class-28b7d374-32260c9d.class is Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan

google is your friend

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...yteverify.html

http://www.alegsa.com.ar/Visitas/i41...on%20cures.php

run your AV software, and your spyware scanner.
    Last edited by rodmc; 05-07-2005 at 06:46 AM.