Dear all,
I wanted to deploy a simple servlet using Weblogic8.1 so an an example i took the HelloServlet example which displays the HelloWorld as the output on to the browser

The steps which i followed were

1. Created BibleApp directory under D:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\applications

2. Under BibleApp directory,i created WEB-INF directory.

3. Under WEB_INF, created Classes directory.

4. In this Classes directory, i placed my HelloServlet.class file(following the package structure i.e classes\hello\HelloServlet.class)

5. And under WEB_INF, i placed the web.xml file.

6. I deployed the new Web Application using admin console.

7. Finally When i tried to invoke the Servlet, using the URL : localhost:7001/BibleApp/HelloServlet
it is giving me the following error

Error 500--Internal Server Error

javax.servlet.ServletException: [HTTP:101249][ServletContext(id=11983248,name=BibleApp,context-path=/BibleApp)]: Servlet class hello.HelloServlet for servlet HelloServlet could not be loaded because the requested class was not found in the classpath D:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\applications\BibleApp;D:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\applicat ions\BibleApp\WEB-INF\classes;D:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\.\myserver\.wlnotdelete\extract\myserver_BibleAp p_BibleApp\jarfiles\WEB-INF\lib\hello156250.jar;D:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\myserver\.wlnotdelete\extract\myserv er_BibleApp_BibleApp.
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: hello/HelloServlet (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0).
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:794)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:504)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:349)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletCo ntext.java:6291)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:97)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:357 5)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2573)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:178)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:151)

so would any body plsss tell me how to ged rid of this problem. I dont know where exactly i am stuck
1)should i set any classpath or path(but in environmental variables i have set the following
1.1)CLASSPATH = D:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\weblogic.jar
1.2)PATH = D:\bea\jdk141_02\bin)
2)or should i run any command script(setEnv.cmd) before deploying
3)one more thing when i installed Weblogic8.1, within the D:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\applications directory there is a
empty folder called .wlnotdelete (i dont know whether this is causing the problem)
4)In one of the webpage i read that
In the Classes directory, place your war file (package your Servlet and other classes into a war file using jar utility) is this is what i have to do, and if it is so how to create a war file

anybody plsss help me

thanks in advance
kasak