Web page control via .Net Win App

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Web page control via .Net Win App

Web page control via .Net Win App

I have a windows application that I can control other windows applications via APIs. This is no problem, everything works great. I am attempting to launch a web site within the application (again no problem here). Once the site is loaded, I want to sent data to, and retrieve data from the page, and pages that subsequently load. Does anyone know how to do this?

Issues that I see: Using either text or images on the page to verify the page is loaded. Moving the mouse/cursor to specific location on the page, send data (text) to the page, send clicks and ENTER keystroke to the page. Verify the next page loads. Retrieve data from the page, such as a copy/paste situation.

Project..... I log into several sites (administratively), obtain user lists, profiles, and other information, and validate that data against current employee data. This is 100% legit, as I am a security admin for approx 150 vendor sites that my company uses. I am trying to make the position more effective.

Thanks for any insight, sugggestion that anyone can give me with this issue. I can be contacted at the_kiels@hotmail.com.

Chris

Rather than trying to automate the browser (e.g., filling in fields and programmatically clicking the submit button), I would concentrate on submitting Web requests directly to a server, which is what the browser does when you click Submit. See if this helps: http://odetocode.com/Articles/162.aspx
    Phil Weber
    http://www.philweber.com

Please post questions to the forums, where others may benefit.
    I do not offer free assistance by e-mail. Thank you!