Copying files to another server

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Copying files to another server

Copying files to another server

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project where I have to maintain a huge web repository.Hence I need to split up the repository and store the pages in multiple servers.I was wondering if there are any C/C++ commands to copy files in another computer/server.To sum it up usually we open a file and then write to that file and then close it , but its in our own computer, Now all I want to do is open up a file in another server and then write to it and then close it.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance .

Tapajyoti

if the file system installed on your computer supports remote file access, then the standard file I/O interfaces of C++ (<cstdio> or <fstream>) should work just fine. Simply provide the full pathnane of the files when you open them.
    Read about fstream here: http://www.devx.com/DevX/LegacyLink/9397
    Danny Kalev

Thanks a lot Danny,

I just asked the sys admin and he said that remote access of files is not installed on the server hence I can't use the "rfstream" :( . Thanks neways for ur help, you guys are really life savers,its such a relief to know that there are such ultra-brilliant ppl on the web helping others voluntarily.

Cheers

Tapajyoti

if you cant do that you can mount the remote machine as a local drive and still get away with some things but each machine has to mount to same letter or youll need a config file or whatnot