DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to export data from forms to *.txt file

I wouldn't say Bill Gates is a skilled programmer, just a skilled entrepreneur and a crude business man. But that is just my opinion

I respect your opinion, but why do you think that Bill is not skilled?

And, how can I put a link to a website into my app?

To add a hyperlink, use:

In a module:
    Code:
    Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long
    In a sub:
    Code:
    Private Sub lblURL_Click()
    Dim Success&

Success = ShellExecute(Me.hwnd, vbNullString, "http://www.mydomain.com", vbNullString, "C:\", sw_showextended)

End Sub
    As for Bill, well i'll keep my opinions to myself otherwise i'd start an argument

Oh, and for a mailto link...

in a sub:
    Code:
    Private Sub lblmail_Click()
    Dim Success&

Success = ShellExecute(Me.hwnd, vbNullString, "mailto:auser@mydomain.com", vbNullString, "C:\", sw_showminimized)

End Sub

Quote Originally Posted by thphaca
    Wait! I am very sorry for waisting your time jj and RH, i didnt know that all i had to do was click the tab that i wanted to put something in, and put it in there! I didnt even need that code. But thanks anyway for telling me the method that the program uses to simulate tabs. At least I learned that, and learning is never a waste of time.

My goal is to be as rich and skilled as Bill Gates!
    people who make money do so because they got in a business were no one was gone before, they saw a new business, or they beleive in the success of a business. To become as rich as BG, stay away from computers, otherwise you will make HIM even richer!
    Take this as a joke, computer IS fun. But do not forget the school...
    Marco
    "There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the third one works."
    Unknown

YES! You are right about that (in a wierd way). But, I must stay on computers to learn more though. I think that I may make the next-next Windows OS. And, the only way to build the next Windows OS, is to look at the previouse ones. I don't really care about BG that much anymore, but i would like to be as wealthy as him though.

How can i write settings to the registry?

Dear mr./miss/mrs. thphaca,

please read the "Before You Post - DevX Forum Etiquette":

http://forums.devx.com/announcement.php?f=105

first, do not ask another question in the same thread, just start a new one.
    second, before you post please read the msdn or just google for it, most of the time you find the answer there. I'd say that with a little experience it is possible to find almost all answer there.
    Do not take it personally: we all are very glad to help!
    In this case, look for GetSetting and SaveSetting.

Marco
    Unknown

You are right. At first i wasn't going to, but I decided to anyway. Now I know i should just go to other threads, or create other ones.
    Thanks for the criteria info.

Unhappy Hatred

Why do you guys hate Bill so much?

why do you think we hate him? Envy maybe
    he is a very succesful businessman, and as far as I know he did not kill anyone and/or have any criminal record. yes, maybe microsoft is not always fair with its competitors, but hey, this is a fish eat fish world. An yes, at home I use only Apple computers...
    Marco
    Unknown

I think that Microsoft is a nice company, because they even makes software for Mac and they're competitors. OH! No Wonder! You use MAC! not that it is a bad thing though... why do you only use apple?

because I used a lot of computers in my life, since 1977 (the year I started programming, not the year I was born) and I pick up what I like the most, and what they work best for what I need to do. Some people drive Volvo's, others Toyota's.
    Marco
    Unknown

Suprisingly, I have another question about the topic.
    Here is the code:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    'Writing to the file:

Dim iFB As Integer

iFB = FreeFile
    Open "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\file.txt" For Output As #iFB
    Print #iFB, Text1.Text
    Print #iFB, Text2.Text
    Print #iFB, Text3.Text
    Close iFB

End Sub

How can I make i so that a pogress bar is full when I click command1 and also make command1 generate the textboxes simultaniousley.

Lightbulb Never Mind

Nevermind, all I had to do was put:

progress.value = 100

But how do I make the application open a text file an put it inside of a text box?