what does "close wait" and "fin_wait2" means?
1. what does "close wait" means?
2. what does "fin_wait2" means?
i understand that these are socket status but
- what do they mean? the socket is waiting for server? the socket is shutting down but waiting for certain event to happen before it's allowed to shutdown?
- what situations causes them?
- it seems that the socket is waiting for something, how can i stop the close wait/fin_wait2 and shutdown the socket? (gracefully or forcefully)
it seems that sockets on "close wait" and "fin_wait2" on my program are the ones with problems
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL