Jaccal - Smart card data access library and script

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Jaccal - Smart card data access library and script

Hybrid View

Jaccal - Smart card data access library and script

Jaccal was developed to allow easy acccess to smart cards to more developers. Traditionally smart card access is through bits and bytes and through sending byte arrays to the smart card, and programming access to the smart card is tedious and requires a great deal of understanding of the card specifications.

Jaccal aims to simplify this arcane process by adding a layer that is easy to understand for developers.

At the same time Jaccal provides a simple scripting interface (with a Swing-based script editor called Anubis) for casual users who would like to easily extract information from the smart card.

Jaccal is meant for 2 levels of users:

1. Developers not familiar with smart cards

* Write scripts for reading and validating card information
    * Integrate Jaccal within your code to read/write information from/to the card
    * Write code that uses smart card information available through second-tier packages such as jaccal-gsm

2. Developers familiar with smart cards

* Create optional packages to access your specific card (EMV card, identity card, health card etc)
    * Integrate your specific card with the Anubis smart card script editor; Anubis will be your platform to read and display your specific card information
    * Anything you want to do with a smart card!

http://jaccal.sourceforge.net/

Hi everyone,

Is this an advertisement or is there a question about the usage of this library that forgot to include

Richard West

Finally i reached 100 posts yeaaah
    What type of softwares do you like and what would you pay for it?

http://www.wizardsolutionsusa.com/fo...hread.php?t=12

Actually, it's an announcement that can answer questions that people, willing to read/write data in an easy way using Java, could have.
    This API is under Apache 2.0 license by the way, then it's totally free to use and to download the sources.

Thomas

Need Jaccal Help...

Hi all,
    I really need help of how to use jaccal with my VB.Net application that is supposed to read/write data to/from smart card.....
    Your Help will be appreciated...Thanks.

i am quite new to smart card, so i want to send & receive some apdu to/from smart card(which is SAfenet card, non-java OS)
    so will it work with my card? or it can only work with javacard(card having javaOS)?

how can i send APDU through Jaccal.exe? and what abt run option in anubis.exe?
    pls reply me , because ur reply can help me a lot..
    Thnaks & rgds in anticipation,