will pay you to build me a ticker

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: will pay you to build me a ticker

Hybrid View

will pay you to build me a ticker

can you help to create a java ticker for me?

The closest thing I have found so far is at: http://www.appletcollection.com/advnewsticker.html

I need the ticker to read lines in a text file as different messages. - which the attached link does (java example 2, after you download the file from the website)

I need it to have configurable fades, slides, etc for both message entry and exit - which that file does

configurable backgrounds, size of scroller and borders. - which that file does

The differences I need are:

1/ for the applet to read the text file entries in the following ways: top to bottom, bottom to top, random (the attached link to the file doesnt do that, it only reads from top to bottom)

2/ at the moment the applet works fine in IE and Safari, but on Firefox and Netscape, when you slide the scrollbar down the web page, the applet stutters and can multiply so that 10 replica applets appear and cover up the other page content which as you can imagine is very very bad.

If you can help I am willing to pay, please let me know if you are interested in this project.

You can email me at needaticker@mail.com -thanks

Quote Originally Posted by needaticker
    can you help to create a java ticker for me?

The closest thing I have found so far is at: http://www.appletcollection.com/advnewsticker.html

I need the ticker to read lines in a text file as different messages. - which the attached link does (java example 2, after you download the file from the website)

I need it to have configurable fades, slides, etc for both message entry and exit - which that file does

configurable backgrounds, size of scroller and borders. - which that file does

The differences I need are:

1/ for the applet to read the text file entries in the following ways: top to bottom, bottom to top, random (the attached link to the file doesnt do that, it only reads from top to bottom)

2/ at the moment the applet works fine in IE and Safari, but on Firefox and Netscape, when you slide the scrollbar down the web page, the applet stutters and can multiply so that 10 replica applets appear and cover up the other page content which as you can imagine is very very bad.

If you can help I am willing to pay, please let me know if you are interested in this project.

You can email me at needaticker@mail.com -thanks
    How much will you pay?

$50 paypal if you can cover the spec

need this too

another feature that the ticker has that i would want to keep but change a little is, when reading the line of text from a text file, if "|" is present it splits it up into " message displayed on ticker | hyperlink that clicked message takes you too"

for example "visit my website | http://www.mywebsite.com" would display the message "visit my website" when you clicked on it, it would take you to "www.mywebsite.com"

ideally i would like the separator character to be #.

Anyone please help

Quote Originally Posted by needaticker
    another feature that the ticker has that i would want to keep but change a little is, when reading the line of text from a text file, if "|" is present it splits it up into " message displayed on ticker | hyperlink that clicked message takes you too"

for example "visit my website | http://www.mywebsite.com" would display the message "visit my website" when you clicked on it, it would take you to "www.mywebsite.com"

ideally i would like the separator character to be #.

Anyone please help
    This must be a school-assignment... If you'd work for a software company, you wouldn't be asking this on Java-forums (I've seen this on http://forum.java.sun.com/ as well) unless you said to your boss you could do this, but you can't.
    In both cases: tough luck. Try doing it yourself.